Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lung disease

Lung Diseases
Lung diseases are conditions in which some function of the lung is adversely affected. In some cases, the problem is in the gas exchange process at the membrane between the alveoli and blood - impeding efficient uptake of oxygen and removal of carbon dioxide. In other cases, the problem is the inability of the bronchial system to effectively deliver air to the alveoli – possibly due to blockage of the branches of the bronchial tree or due to compromised ability of the chest muscles to expand and contract enough to move air through the bronchial tree to the alveoli. Sometimes the problem is the inability of the lung to remove or detoxify foreign substances – possibly because of an underlying deficiency or because the amount of these substances has overwhelmed the lungs’ defense systems.

Common Lung diseases include:



Asthma

Asthma is a chronic lung disease characterized by inflammation of the bronchi and bronchioles, and episodes (attacks) of airway obstruction. People with asthma are sensitive to a variety of substances that do not cause the same reaction in other people. Episodes may be triggered by cigarette smoke and other particles in the air, dust, mold, allergens, exercise, cold air, and other factors. The triggers for each person may be different. During an attack, the lining of the airways swell and the muscles surrounding the bronchi contract, narrowing the airway. Mucus secretion can further inhibit the flow of air; making breathing difficult and causing the affected person to wheeze. Most episodes do not cause permanent lung damage but frequently require immediate medical attention since lack of oxygen and build-up of carbon dioxide can be life-threatening. According to the American Lung Association (ALA), asthma is the most common chronic disorder in childhood. It affects more than 6 million children in the United States and about 15 million adults.


Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
(COPD)


Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
(COPD)is a term used for both emphysema and chronic bronchitis. According to the ALA, COPD is the fourth leading cause of death in the United States. With chronic bronchitis, the bronchial tubes become inflamed and scarred. With emphysema, the air sacs in the lungs are slowly destroyed. With both disorders, patients experience increasing difficulty exhaling and getting a sufficient oxygen supply. Smoking causes about 80 to 90 percent of the deaths associated with COPD. Other risk factors include repeated exposure to air pollution.


Pulmonary fibrosis


Pulmonary fibrosis
is an interstitial lung disease characterized by damage and scarring to the tissues between the air sacs, inflammation of the air sacs, and stiffening of the lungs. Causes of pulmonary fibrosis include:
Occupational or environmental exposure to small particles. This includes repeated exposure to inorganic substances such as asbestos, coal, beryllium, and silica
Repeated exposure to organic substances such as moldy hay, animal droppings, and grain dust can cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis and eventually lead to pulmonary fibrosis.
Chemicals and drugs that are toxic to the lungs
Previous radiation treatment
Sarcoidosis
Systemic sclerosis and other autoimmune disorders
Idiopathic

Infections can occur primarily in the lungs, may affect the entire body, including the lungs, or may develop in the pleura, which are the membranes surrounding the lungs. They may be acute or chronic and be caused by bacteria, viruses, and more rarely, fungi. Pneumonia is an acute lung tissue inflammation caused by a variety of microorganisms. Influenza is an acute systemic illness caused by a virus that includes respiratory symptoms. Tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) are chronic infections most commonly seen in patients with compromised immune systems (such as patients with HIV/AIDS). The infections caused by mycobacteria develop slowly and can be systemic or confined to the lungs.

Lung cancer


Lung cancer
is the uncontrolled growth of malignant cells that in the lungs. There are two main types, small cell and non-small cell lung cancers. Other cancers may spread to the lungs but are considered metastatic because the cancer cells do not come from lung tissue. The number of lung cancer deaths has been rising in women in recent years and falling in men. According to the National Women's Health Information Center, lung cancer is currently the leading cause of cancer death for American women, killing more women than ovarian, breast, and cervical cancer combined. Risks for lung cancer include smoking and exposure to radon.

Pulmonary hypertension



Pulmonary hypertension
is a lung disorder characterized by a narrowing of the blood vessels in the lungs, increasing their blood pressure and causing the heart to work harder to transport blood into the lungs. This condition may co-exist and exacerbate a variety of lung diseases and can lead to heart failure.


Pulmonary embolism

Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that usually originates in the veins of the legs or pelvis and travels to the lungs where it blocks a blood vessel, causing chest pain, acute shortness of breath, and coughing. This condition can be life-threatening and requires prompt medical attention.

Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)

Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) is a lung disease that develops primarily in premature infants that have undergone prolonged oxygen therapy and/or been on mechanical ventilation for extended periods of time, but may also be seen in those who have experienced oxygen toxicity or had pneumonia. With this disorder, airways are inflamed, do not develop normally, and may be damaged.





Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS)



Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS) of the newborn is a life-threatening breathing problem that may develop in infants born earlier than 6 weeks before their due date. These premature babies’ lungs are not developed enough to be able to produce a sufficient amount of the protective liquid substance called surfactant in the lungs. Without surfactant, the lungs are not able to expand or inflate properly and the babies have difficulty breathing in enough oxygen. It is a condition that may occur within a few hours after premature birth.

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)



Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
is the rapid onset of severe breathing difficulties due to extensive lung inflammation and the lungs filling with fluid. It is a sometimes fatal condition that can be brought on by many types of injury to the lungs including serious viral or bacterial infection, sepsis, trauma, multiple transfusions, drug overdose, or inhalation of substances such as salt water or smoke.


Cystic fibrosis



Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease that affects the lungs, pancreas, and other body systems. It is characterized by salty sweat, the production of thick mucus that can obstruct breathing, and decreased ability to digest fats and proteins – leading to malabsorption and malnutrition. It is more common in Caucasians than other ethnic groups and is usually diagnosed in infancy. According to the ALA, about 1,000 new cases are diagnosed in the U.S. each year.

Alpha-1 Antitrypsin deficiency



Alpha-1 Antitrypsin deficiency
is an inherited deficiency of a protein that provides protection to the lungs. Without this protection, the lungs become progressively damaged and the patient is at a significantly increased risk of developing early-onset emphysema and liver disease. The ALA estimates that about 100,000 Americans have this deficiency, and about 25 million are genetic carriers of the disease.





Other disorders do not affect the lungs directly, but they impair a person’s ability to breathe properly.
These extrinsic disorders may affect the chest cavity, muscles, nerves, and heart. They include a variety of conditions, such as neuromuscular diseases like muscular dystrophy, polio, myasthenia gravis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease), and disorders that result in abnormal spine formation or rib cage movement, which can restrict lung expansion.

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the brief discussion on this prompt copd treatment. Which will be much helpful for me since my brother is a copd patient. And we are looking for the treatment of this disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to write a little testimony about the good work of doctor ehiaguna who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 week with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc ehiaguna email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 week and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through drehiaguna@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2348073908953... And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

      Delete
    2. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr ehiaguna a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2), i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr ehiaguna sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr ehiaguna who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr ehiaguna because I got to know him through elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silent and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr ehiaguna through his email drehiaguna@gmail.com You can also whatsapp/call him on:+2348073908953 .He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received.  

      Delete
    3. Hello! I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 12 days of using the herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Emmanuel and his herbal exploit. Contact him via email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp him at +2348140073965
       thank you..

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information. gpwlaw-mi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. asbestos cancer organization

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
    herbal cure for, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 59 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 59 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of total cure herbal foundation my husband bought, totalcureherbsfoundation . com has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and cure you totally with their natural organic herbs,it class products at affordable prices because how awful it is with this lung dictions . I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life, certainly total cure herbs is the formula to get over Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had my first outbreaks and I was tested back in 2010 for both HSV-1 and
    HSV-2. Both my husband and I tested positive for HSV-1. Last year I found
    out my husband was cheating, so I decided to do a retest on all STDs
    including HSV-1 and HSV-2, only difference is that this time I went to a
    different clinic. Anyway I tested positive for HSV-1 which I knew I had but
    surprisingly HSV-2 as well, I was so upset and got divorced with my
    husband. 3 months ago a friend of mine recommended me to an African Herbal
    doctor DR.Alfred. I explained everything that I have been passing through
    all these years to him and he encouraged me that I will be cured
    completely!. I ordered for his herbal exploit/medicine and used it
    accordingly to his direction and within short period of using the herbal
    medicine I was cured completely from my HSV-1 and HSV-2. I'm so relieved to
    say that I've not had even one outbreak ever since again and I was also
    tested Negative by my doctor. I'm feeling so great! from within and I truly
    endorse this product, it really works. His herbal medicine is very active
    and effective.and he can cast spell to restore broken marriages,and other
    can of cure for #HERPES, #DIABETES, #CANCER, #HEPATITIS, #HPV..... You can
    contactl doctor alfred on email.....dralfrednaturalcurehome@gmail.com and
    you can call/whatsapp him with +2348119017866 for your own cure too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello viewer’s
    I don’t have much to say there are so may scammers going on online so we cant detect the real herbal medicine doctors. Thank GOD for leading me, please don’t ignore this post is real Dr Emmanuel, is a real herbal Doctor, he cured me from Herpes virus, i am living so happy and free , i was fully recovered within 4 weeks of usage of dr Emmanuel herbal medicine ,please viewers out there that have any deadly disease don't fail to contact him via his email; nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp/Call: +2348140073965  thanks once again to dr Emmanuel GOD bless you abundantly  
    he also cured HIV/AIDS,CANCER,GENITAL WART,COPD,BRAIN TUMOR

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to write a little testimony about the good work of doctor ehiaguna who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 week with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc ehiaguna email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 week and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through drehiaguna@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2348073908953... And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am here to express my profound warm gratitude to the Natural Herbal Medicine, which i got from Dr Ovia has done for my life, 4months ago i was diagnosed with Herpes virus and ever since then i have been very unhappy, i was so down broken everyday, until one day when i came across a shocking testimony about how Dr Ovia cured someone of his herpes and other  virus, without wasting much time i contacted him immediately on his whatsApp number +2348117923986 and after i explain myself to him about how terrible i have been, and he assure me that he will help me to cure my Herpes virus,after he has prepared the herbal medicine he sent it to me and when i have received it and started using it i was totally cure within 2weeks and 5 days  i am forever grateful to Dr ovia for helping me out with his herpes prescription that cured my virus. contact his email address:  droviaherbalhome@gmail.com or you can call or whatsApp his Mobile number:+2348117923986, you can follow him or message him on Instagram for more information @droviaherbalhomeHe is also capable of curing other diseases like hpvHiv Herpes Diabetes etc Save life’s today by sharing this testimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr ehiaguna a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2), i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr ehiaguna sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr ehiaguna who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr ehiaguna because I got to know him through elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silent and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr ehiaguna through his email drehiaguna@gmail.com You can also whatsapp/call him on:+2348073908953 .He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received.  

      Delete